Precious Essentials program provides all types of clothing for all ages, as well as daily essentials; including shoes, hygiene products, home goods, etc. to families in need.
How does it work?
Agencies such as social services, non-profits, shelters, fire and police depts, schools, churches, etc., refer children & families in need (clients) to our organization. Then, the clients are assigned a personal shopper to take them through our resource center, which is set up like a retail store. They "shop" for clothing items and essential needs items, all provided at no charge from your donations. Approved agencies are also welcome to shop our resource center directly, on an as needed basis.
How can you help?
We rely 100% on your donations to provide this service to children and families in need. We request that items donated are in good condition and clean.
We accept the following items:
- Gently-used or new clothing (all types and sizes)
- Coats (all types and sizes)
- Shoes (all types and sizes)
- New bags of underwear and socks (all sizes)
- Hygiene products – dental products, makeup, shampoo, soap, etc.
- Home goods such as kitchenware, linens, and furniture are accepted on an as needed basis.
- Please call us at 303-466-4272 if you would like to donate home goods.
Drop off items at one of our A Precious Child Donation Centers:
- 557 Burbank St. Unit E, Broomfield, CO 80020 on Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm or
- 2775 Valmont St. Boulder, CO 80304 on Fridays between 3pm-6pm.
In 2012, A Precious Child distributed over $1.8M of basic essentials to more than 20,000 children and adults in need.
- Superintendent of Adams 12, Chris Gdowski says, "I was so impressed by this charity's work in gathering so many qualities items for the needy in our community and the respectful, dignified manner in which they interacted with their customers"
- "I have been a volunteer for 8 months. It is the perfect place for me to unwind from the stress of a sick spouse. I have always wanted to be a volunteer all my life and when I found A Precious Child my lifelong ambition is finally being fulfilled. It has been the perfect fit for my ambition to be able to give back for all the blessings that have been bestowed upon me." Carol, A Precious Child Volunteer