A Precious Child provides children in need with opportunities and resources to empower them to achieve their full potential.
- Contact Us
- Celebrity Ambassadors
- Board of Advisors
- Board of Directors
- Board of Trustees
- Program Board
- Youth Advisory Board
WHY WE EXIST
- 1 in 6 Colorado children are living below the Federal Poverty Line (Kids Count! Survey 2013)
- Low-income children trail behind their peers in intellectual development; they are less likely to succeed in school, are less likely to graduate from high school, and are more likely to become poor parents in the future (childrensdefense.org, 2012).
- Improve the quality of life for the most vulnerable children and families in Colorado by providing them with their basic essentials.
- Ensure that children thrive academically.
- Place children and their families on a trajectory toward self-sufficiency.
- We collaborate with 200+ local Agency Partners to serve the families that are most in need. Our Agency Partners include: schools, health and human service agencies, churches, foster homes, service organizations, safe homes, fire and police departments, at-risk youth shelters, and homeless shelters.
- Children and families in eight local counties are served: Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, and Weld.